Thursday, December 11, 2008

Post of EPIC proportions

Being without a car forces me to take on mundane tasks that I normally have no interest in doing. Today I took a box out of my side of the closet and threw out most of it's contents, wrapped a few presents and cleaned out an old purse to use again. While cleaning out the purse I came across a piece of notebook paper from my first day of Intro to Writing (Writing Zero). We had to free write for 20 minutes. Anything that came to mind we had to write it down. I was amused with what I had come up with because I could remember how painfully silent the room was while everyone was scribbling away in their notebooks. The class started with 20 some odd people and dwindled down to about 9 at the end of the term. We're now at around 6 going into Writing 2. It's a lot like Survivor.

Now, for your reading pleasure (with fun pictures to spice things up) my free writing.

_______________________________________

Why didn't I bring paper to a writing class? Did I think there would be scraps lying around on the floor for me to pluck up for my convenience?
I feel this way about a lot of aspects of my life. Will there be something available for me at every turn? Well, in this case yes. The guy to my right was nice enough to give me some paper. But that is simply not the point. I'm not quite sure what the point is, but I'm sure there is a moral here somewhere.

________________________________________

Maybe I'm just hungry.


________________________________________

My brain isn't working as well as it should be this morning. People in the 1800's considered a 10 hour nights sleep the norm. They also often contracted polio and died at 37. I'm willing to take that risk for a few extra hours on occasion.
Leonardo DaVinci slept for nearly half his life and look at him. At least that's what Wikipedia tells me. Why would the internet lie?

_________________________________________

The skyline looks beautiful from where I'm sitting. Actually I take that back it's mostly just gray.


_________________________________________

This is the longest 20 minutes of my life.

_________________________________________

The instructor was just talking about SNL earlier and why most of their sketches don't work. Most of them are some writer's panic attack to get something out there and end up 12 minutes too long.

I feel that less is definitely more. That's why that stupid Geico caveman sitcom didn't work. Nobody wants to see that shit more than 30 seconds at a time.


Nobody.

No comments: