Monday, December 29, 2008

Here's to future cooperation between our organizations!



I have never traveled outside of the U.S. but plan to once I figure out a safe way to be unconscious the entire plane ride. In the meantime I will have to brush up on my foreign languages (as if I know them already) and learn some helpful phrases that I just know I will come across.

If I ever find myself in Russia fumbling for the correct way to tell my dance partner that I can't do the cha cha I'll just reach for Berlitz Russian for Travellers.

I can't do the cha-cha.
Ja ne umeju tantsevatj cha-cha-cha.

I want a specimen of your urine.
Ja vozjmu u vas mochu na analiz.

I'd like to buy a pair of binoculars.
Ja khotel by kupitj binoklj.

I would like some game or fowl.
Ja by vzjal dichi ili ptitsy.

Here's to future cooperation between our organizations!
Za nashe budushchee sotrudnichestvo!

I'd like to go to a Komsomol party.
Ja khotel by pojti na komsomoljskij vecher.

For some more handy phrases in other languages: http://www.zompist.com/thought.html

No comments: