Monday, November 1, 2010

You are my sunshine





One of my very favorite things in this strange and angry world is coffee. Besides the obvious loves like family, food, God and breathing I'm quite partial to a strong cup of Joe. My husband brings me coffee in the morning and sets it on the bedside table before I've even rubbed the eye boogers out of my face. He's a wonderful and lovely man. I used to drink it with milk and sugar. Not much of each but enough for some sweetness. Then without my knowledge the coffee was gradually getting stronger. The light brown drink was becoming darker over the weeks and soon enough the sugar was gone completely. I noticed this change after awhile but didn't say anything because hey, I'm being served coffee in bed. Now I drink it black but only at home. I'm adventurous and like to try different flavors. My favorite coffee drink at the moment is a Mocha from Starbucks. I enjoy the taste of espresso without the full blast in the face of flavor. Chocolate tends to make everything better as does ice cream. So, when I came across this recipe for homemade espresso ice cream I truly felt like the internet was speaking only to me.

Thank you, internet. I'll be sure to add you to my Christmas card list.

No comments: