Monday, November 8, 2010

Skimming at a fifth grade level.



Everyone loves lists. It's a fact. There are lists for everything from top ten places to see before you die to the top ten places to see after you die. I can't say for sure what the appeal is with reading lists but I can guess it's popular with busy types or anyone with ADD. When you want your daily blog fix but you neither have the time nor the sustainable interest, a list with bold titles is the way to go. Pictures are a plus as well. Lists are a skimmer's dream and a satisfying way to squeeze in that extra bit of criticism to get you through the day.

I present to you now, "How Erin reads a top ten list".

10. Yes, I like this choice for the number ten spot. I will read on.

Oooh, look at the wittle kitteh kat. This is going to be a fun paragraph to read. Eh, too long. And, I'm done.

I don't want to read about you anymore.

9. A not so interesting choice for this spot. I'll skip this one.

8. Meh. I'll give this a few sentences to redeem itself.

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC).... I'm already yawning.

7. Are they kidding? They picked this?

_________________________________________________

And so on and so forth. To be honest I'm getting bored of this post about lists. Although maybe if I were to encounter one somewhere on the internet that had both kittens and The Large Hadron Collider listed I'd give it the old college try.


No comments: